A PIP with a 24’’ 36%Ni inner pipe allowed for fully constrained buried PIP. A U-value of 0,1 W/m2.K was provided.
First-class suppliers were selected for the procurement of the pipes, hot induction bends, bulkheads forged pieces, thermal insulation and leak detection system.
Our fabrication in yard in Normandy was mobilized for pre-fabrication of PIP.
Engineering and pre-fabrication were completed on a fast track basis, within 10 months from Purchase Order placement to FOB delivery.
Key to success
- Agility and support of supply chain for fast-track execution.
- Well qualified system ready for implementation, despite being world’s first application.
- Client wisdom to be able to assess and mitigate risks so as to implement the safest solution available in a pragmatic manner.
- Pipeline Integrity Monitoring capability.
- 36%Ni weld qualification carried out by ITP and provided to Contractor.
- Engineering included specification for installation and ITP provided onsite supervision to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Design, procurement, pre-fabrication and construction of PIP certified by DNV-GL.